Home > Student Affairs > Greek Sanctions
Delta Sigma Tau Sanctions:
- Immediate Suspension from the College effective immediately through January 1, 2020. Delta Sigma Tau will not be permitted to function as a College-recognized organization during this time.
- If Delta Sigma Tau Sorority successfully completes all other required sanctions, they will can apply to the Vice President for Student Affairs to be reinstated as a College-recognized organization on January 1, 2020.
- If the sorority is reinstated in January 2020, they will not be eligible to recruit new members for the Spring 2020 semester. This includes, but is not limited to, no formal recruiting/rushing events, advertisements, or communication to members of the campus community and further includes no pledging/new member education for that semester. No new members will be recruited, reviewed, or considered for that semester.
- All active members must participate in Green Dot Bystander Intervention Training-to be completed by the Spring 2021 semester.
- Immediate Removal of Delta Sigma Tau’s banner and any other postings/insignia from the Miller Campus Center and campus buildings. The banner will remain down until the sorority is a recognized organization by the campus.
Zeta Alpha Phi Sanctions:
- On November 19, 2013, Zeta Alpha Phi lost recognition at SUNY Canton.
- Letters, insignia, and symbols of Zeta Alpha Phi are not permitted on campus (other than in historical documents).
- Zeta Alpha Phi’s banner was removed from the Miller Campus Center.
- Each semester the Dean of Students will notify (in writing) students and families that Zeta Alpha Phi is not a recognized organization. Affiliation with this organization may result in disciplinary action - up to suspension/expulsion.