Electrical Engineering Technology - Student Learning Outcomes
The Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Technology (B. Tech) program is designed to prepare graduates to fulfill the rapidly changing technological demands in electrical engineering technology profession.
Program Educational Objectives
Provide industry with well qualified technicians for entry level positions in the Electrical Engineering Technology field.
Provide transferability for students who are interested in baccalaureate degree programs at SUNY Canton or other institutions with related programs.
Be ready to expand knowledge in engineering profession through continuing education, or other lifelong learning experiences;
Be committed to quality, timeliness and respect for diversity.
What students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Electrical Engineering Technology
Stephen Frempong, Ph.D.