Electrical Engineering Technology Objectives and Outcomes
The Electrical Engineering Technology (EET) Program is committed to achieving key Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes. These operational objectives and outcomes provide the basis from which the program assures the integrity of the academic program and the capabilities of its graduates. They are listed as follows:
Program Educational Objectives
- Provide industry with well qualified technicians for entry level positions in the Electrical Engineering Technology field.
- Provide transferability for students who are interested in baccalaureate degree programs at SUNY Canton or other institutions with related programs.
- Be ready to expand knowledge in engineering profession through continuing education, or other lifelong learning experiences;
- Be committed to quality, timeliness and respect for diversity.
Student Learning Outcomes
For Electrical Engineering Technology AAS degree, the student will have the following
capabilities upon graduation:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Electrical Engineering Technology
Stephen Frempong, Ph.D.