Apogee supports the internet connections in the SUNY Canton Residence Halls. Registration with Apogee is required prior to gaining access.
To create your Apogee Network account:
- Visit www.myresnet.com
- Select your service and create a unique username and password
- Logon and begin browsing
Additional resources such as connection guides, FAQs and information are available on the www.myresnet.com/support website. Upon completion of the registration process, you’ll be assigned an Apogee username/password. Keep this information for future use and be sure to keep it confidential by not sharing it with anyone.
If you are having problems connecting to the internet or are experiencing other problems, telephone Apogee Technical Support at 1-855-410-7379.
Apogee Technical Support will not repair broken computers. Some assistance with non-hardware related issues is available through the SUNY Canton Help Desk located in the Southworth Library Learning Commons building, Room 120.
SUNY Canton has two wireless networks available to users with personal devices:
- A guest network which is limited to Internet access only and requires daily registration. This network is not encrypted.
- A college community network which requires a network account as well as registration and assessment of the user’s device. This network has access to authorized portions of SUNY Canton’s network as well as the Internet. The network is encrypted using WPA 2 pre-shared key and requires an initial password.
Users who wish to connect their personal laptops and other mobile devices to SUNY Canton’s community wireless network will be required to register their device and have to meet the following criteria:
- For Windows platforms, operating system is Windows XP Service Pack 3 or newer and is current with security patches
- For Apple platforms, operating system is any version of OS X and is current
- Antivirus software is installed and kept current
- Note: Linux platforms and most smartphones/tablets will not be assessed by the system but will still require registration
These networks are available within all campus administrative and academic buildings. There is limited availability in the residence halls and outdoor areas.
802.11a/b/g/n is currently supported.
Review the following documents:
SUNY Canton is a participating member in the eduroam network. eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
Eduroam allows SUNY Canton faculty, staff and students to connect to the Internet at all eduroam institutions using their SUNY Canton email address and network password. It also allows users from other eduroam institutions to securely access our campus internet with their home campus credentials without having to set up a guest account.
It’s important to know that eduroam is strictly a guest network. eduroam will be available in classrooms and administrative areas and faculty/staff can connect to it. However, they will not have access to certain SUNY Canton resources like Banner and Workflow that are only available on the campus’ private wireless network.
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Help Desk Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
New York Time (GMT -5)
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4 pm