Microsoft Teams is a collaboration app available to all current faculty, staff, and students. Teams allows you to have conversations, host meetings, share files and collaborate on documents.
Microsoft Teams is replacing Skype for Business, which Microsoft will be retiring on July 31, 2021.
- Chat. You can have persistent one-to-one chats or group chats.
- Conferencing. You can host or participate in video conferences, or audio-only conferences (maximum of 250 participants).
- Share your desktop, applications, or a whiteboard during meetings.
- Share documents and collaborate on them in real-time.
Download desktop and mobile apps for Teams at https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
Working with Teams
Below are links to short Microsoft videos covering the following topics...
- Welcome to Microsoft Teams
- Setup and customize your Team (Note: Creation of a Team requires a Help Desk request.)
- Collaborate in Teams and Channels
- Work with posts and messages
- Upload and find files
- Start chats and calls
- Manage meetings
- Explore apps and tools
- Manage Team schedules with Shifts
- Manage your activity feed
- Teams on the go
Longer training videos from Microsoft:
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Help Desk Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
New York Time (GMT -5)
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4 pm