Directors & Department Chairs
- Designated by Provost with recommendation from Dean and program faculty. Serve at pleasure of Provost.
- Faculty with term or continuing appointment.
- Two or Three-yearterm, renewable.
- Reports to Dean.
- All responsibilities of Department
- Designated by Provost with recommendation from department faculty. Serve at pleasure of Provost.
- Faculty with term or continuing appointment (preferred)
- Two or Three-year term, renewable.
- Reports to Dean.
- Recommends course offering & class schedules.
- Serves as the first level ofappeal for student concerns.
- Serves as the first point of contact for resolution of faculty issues.
- Evaluates instructional activities.
- Runs department meetings, disseminates minutes, and applies by-laws.
- Approves development of department course curricula and guides changes through review process.
- Reviews credentials of potential adjunct faculty, recommends appointments & personnel assignments.
- Addresses general education and other assessment outcomes.
- Oversees campus professional obligation policies.
- Oversees selection criteria for students entering the curriculum.
- Serves as liaison with Admissions staff, and participates in Open Houses and recruitment activitiesfor the department.
- Works with faculty to review course outlines every three years.
- Orients/mentors new faculty.
- Oversees academic catalog, brochures, and website content.
- Signs attendance records, credit validations, and student/faculty forms.
- Keeps legal contracts current where appropriate.
- Prepares department’s annual reports.
- Updates departmental goals and objectives, annually.
- Leads department advisory council membership and meeting (as applicable).
- Serves as program accreditation coordinator, and program self-study author.
- Performs other appropriate duties asassigned by the Dean.
May be asked to do the following additional responsibilities as necessary:
- Responsible for program-level assessment (e.g., Assessment in the Major, Program Student Learning Outcome Assessment)
- Responsible for meeting program accreditation requirements
Is determined by the UUP contract for these appointments.
- Deans must submit a C-2 for all appointments/reappointments to any of these positions, so the faculty member is compensated for the correct release time/stipend.
- Overloads will be at the discretion of the Dean.