Home > Research > Quick Facts

SUNY Canton Quick Facts

In Fall 2022, SUNY Canton has a total enrollment of 2,933 students. 80% of these students are studying full-time while the remaining 20% are studying part-time while balancing jobs, families, and other commitments. 34% of students are non-traditional college students (over the age of 23) and 56% of students are female.

Additional Student Demographics - Fall 2022

Race/Ethnicity

American Indian or Native Alaskan 1%
Asian 3%
Black or African American 11%
Hispanic 10%
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander 0%
White 68%
Multiracial 3%
International 2%
Unreported 3%

Home Residence

St. Lawrence County 28%
North Country* (not including SLC) 15%
New York City** 13%
Other New York State 40%
Outside New York State (including international) 5%

*Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, and Lewis counties
**Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, and Richmond counties

Family Demographics

Economically Disadvantaged 53%
First-Generation College Student 39%

Degree Type Sought

Certificate 1%
Associate 20%
Baccalaureate 73%
Non Degree 6%

Course Delivery Type

All Classes Face-to-Face 21%
All Classes Online 45%
Mixed Delivery (Online and Face-to-Face Courses) 34%

Housing

Living On Campus 26%
Living Off Campus 74%

Financial Aid

Students Receiving Any Financial Aid 84%
Students Receiving Pell 45%
Students Receiving TAP 32%