Travel Services

Before the Trip

The following list needs to be checked as you are planning your trip. These items will help you to determine the cost of your excursion and will expedite the process.

  • Check per diem rates for the area
    (Over the Maximum Per Diem will require prior approval by Melissa Tulip)
  • Please use your N number from your paystub (located near the top and in the center of the stub) instead of your social security number on all forms. This will ensure safety for you as these papers are on many desks throughout the process. Please put your phone number on the T-1 so you can easily be contacted should there be any questions.
  • If you would like to request a Travel Card Application for your trip, please fill out the application for a JP Morgan Chase – NYS Travel Card at least 4 weeks prior to your travel. The card can be used for many expenses, saving you out of pocket expenses.
  • Decide on whether to take a State car or a personal car ( state car preferred )
  • Airfare must be on a travel card and booked through one of the two contract vendors.
  • Registration information, pay on Travel card or procurement card when able
  • Make sure appropriate Account information is filled in and account has the funds to support your trip.
  • Approval by Supervisor and/or Account Custodian for funds
  • Approval of the VP for Administrative Affairs and/or the President
  • Approval of your dept VP for all out of state travel

Please allow at least Two Weeks processing time for the Travel Requisition (T-1) before your scheduled departure date.

Travel Authorization Form (T-1) (Excel format); Complete in Excel, print, sign.

Office of Travel Services
SUNY Canton
Halford Hall 114
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
(315) 386-7555
Fax: (315) 386-7925

Travel Card Administrator
Amanda Rowley
(315) 386-7559
Fax: (315) 386-7606