Liberal Arts and Sciences: General Studies - Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Liberal Arts degree program, the student will:
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze, evaluate, synthesize and apply arguments from various disciplines.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both through written and oral means.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different skills, methods, goals, and evaluative tools used in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methods scientists use to explore natural phenomena, including observation, hypothesis development, measurement and data collection, experimentation, evaluation of evidence, and employment of mathematical analysis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history, cultural practices, politics, beliefs, and institutions of other cultures and the interplay of diverse worldviews in the global context.
Social Sciences Department Chair
Dr. Maureen Powers-Maiocco