Writing Center - Faculty Info
- Our lab is currently staffed with both professional and peer tutors. Professional tutors are individuals who have graduate degrees or professional experience in English or a writing-related field.
- We offer individual and small, group-tutoring for students of all majors at all stages of the writing process—from reading and understanding assignments to formatting and revising final drafts.
- A typical tutoring session lasts between 30 and 60 minutes and is tailored to the individual seeking assistance.
- We expect students to come prepared to have a dialogue about their writing; they are asked to bring assignment guidelines, relevant handouts and class notes, and any other materials necessary, such as textbooks or other documents related to their writing projects.
- One of our primary goals in the Writing Center is to help students become independent learners.
- All suggestions made by tutors are intended for the benefit of students; written marks are explained orally and are reflective of the conversations had between students and tutors.
- Students are given opportunities to ask questions in every tutoring session.
- Students may not drop off papers for editing; they must be present to have a conversation about their work.
- We do not estimate or guarantee grades for student work or confirm cases of plagiarism.
- Students are responsible for the written work that they submit to professors; in turn, professors alone evaluate student work.
- We encourage faculty to send us updated, assignment-guidelines at the beginning of each semester. Interested faculty can email guidelines directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review these and keep them on file to help us better serve students.
- We also invite faculty to visit the lab and meet our tutors; we are happy to answer any questions that may arise.
Betty J. Evans Tutoring Center
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Summer 2022 Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8am to 4pm
Fall 2022 Hours of Operation
Sunday, 1pm to midnight
Late Night Tutoring
Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm
Business & Accounting Lab
Monday-Thursday, 5pm to midnight
Late Night Tutoring