New Employees: Set Yourself Up for Success
Here are a few things you should do in your first few days at SUNY Canton.
- Did you complete the required new hire forms yet? You will want to make sure you do this today! Contact the Benefits Coordinator.
- Did you acquire your Parking Permit, Employee ID, and keys? If not, please do this in the next few days.
- Review office procedures with your supervisor and familiarize yourself with your department and building.
- Review Time & Attendance procedures with supervisor.
- SUNY HR Self Service Portal - Permits employees to view their paycheck, update their address, and access time and attendance for faculty and staff.
- New Employee Orientation: Please watch each of the short videos to familiarize yourself with the different areas on campus and how you will be interacting with each during your time at Canton.
- Stop by the Campus Store: New Employee Welcome – Spirit Apparel & Giftware
- As a new employee and as a way to showcase your campus spirit, the Campus Store offers you 20% of your first purchase off “Roos Apparel & Giftware.” The Campus Store is located on the 1st floor of the Richard W. Miller Campus Center. College ID will be required at time of purchase.
- Working remotely? No problem! Please email Corey Jordan prior to purchasing from our online store.
- Please don’t wait. This offer expires after 20 days. We hope you take advantage of this opportunity!
- Take a campus tour with your supervisor and/or virtually:
Newly eligible employees experience a waiting period before their health, dental & vision coverage begins. Click on your respective bargaining unit benefit summary for information. If eligible, enrollment in health insurance and retirement must be done within 30 days of your start date.
- NYS Payroll Online - View, Print, Save Your Pay Stub
- NYS Payroll Services (includes payroll dates and salary schedules)
- FAQs - Direct Deposit Program
- Payroll Deduction Authorization Form (give to the Canton College Foundation)
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Fax: (315) 386-7064