New Employee: To-Do List within 30 days of Hire Date
Here are some things that should be completed within 30 days of service.
Your supervisor will schedule a meeting within 30 days of your hire date to review your performance program and goals for the coming year. Once complete, you should retain a copy and the original, signed form needs to be sent to Human Resources.
- Health Insurance
- Whether you decide to enroll or decline health insurance, the NYS Health Insurance Transaction Form PS 404 and additional documentation need to be sent to Human Resources within 30 days of your start date.
- If you receive your dental and vision benefits from a union benefit trust fund (UUP & CSEA), be sure to complete enrollment with your union benefit trust fund.
- Retirement Programs
- For most full-time employees, it is required that you enroll in a Retirement Program. You have 30 days to decide between the New York State Employees' Retirement System (ERS), New York State Teachers' Retirement System (TRS) or Optional Retirement Program.
- For employees where it is optional to join a retirement program and you decide to decline, you can review the SUNY Voluntary Savings Programs.
- College Policies - Please review all policies and submit the Policies Acknowledgement.
- Review the Travel Policies & Procedures
- Schedule a training with Travel Coordinator if travelling for the campus.
- Review the Procurement Policies & Procedures
- Schedule a training with Procurement if submitting eReqs (requisitions) for your department
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Fax: (315) 386-7064