Health & Fitness Promotion - Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Utilize knowledge of foundational science and/or business principles to guide decision making in the health and fitness setting.
- Capably communicate, orally and in writing, as a health and fitness professional within various health and fitness settings.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively and accurately assess all components of physical fitness.
- Effectively develop health and fitness programs based on the outcomes of fitness assessment and interpretation of exercise testing.
- Effectively implement individualized and group exercise programs that meet the health and fitness goals of the intended audience.
- Utilize strategies that effectively promote positive behavioral change related to health and fitness.
- Effectively utilize research evidence to guide best practice in the area of health promotion and fitness programming.
- Effectively identify and communicate health and fitness needs for individuals and groups to promote advancement of disease and injury prevention for society.
- Be prepared to seek specialized fitness certifications and/or advanced degrees in areas related to health and fitness.
- Articulate the importance of lifelong learning and skill enhancement to reach their fullest potential as a health and fitness professional.
Janet Parcell, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS
Wicks Hall 211E