Health & Fitness Faculty
Dr. Janet L. Parcell, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS
Assistant Professor & Course Curriculum Coordinator
Health and Fitness Promotion
Office: Wicks 211E
Phone: (315) 386-7947
- DPT in Physical Therapy, Clarkson University, 2009
- BS in Athletic Training, SUNY Cortland, 2006
Licensure and Certifications:
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Nationally certified since 2006
- Active License in New York State since 2008
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Nationally certified since 2007
- Physical Therapist
- Active License in New York State since 2009
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, American Heart Association
- CPR and AED since 2002
Dr. Parcell is an Assistant Professor teaching courses and advising students in the Health and Fitness Promotion program. She also oversees the curriculum as the Course Curriculum Coordinator. Dr. Parcel has practiced as a physical therapist since 2009 in fields that include outpatient, home care, nursing home, and school-based physical therapy. She has also practiced as an athletic trainer since 2006 in the elementary, high school, and collegiate settings.
Special interests include strength and conditioning for the general population, sports-specific strength and conditioning and periodization for the athlete, and Olympic lifting. Dr. Parcell’s primary focus is the Health and Fitness Promotion program at SUNY Canton, but she continues to work with athletes on a per diem basis. She also works with Franklin-Essex-Hamilton BOCES Extended School Year students each summer, providing school-based physical therapy services to special needs students.
Summertime also includes working as an athletic trainer at various sports camps at St. Lawrence University. During the summer and other long breaks from SUNY Canton she also serves a rotation as a certified athletic trainer at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY. She is also an adjunct instructor at Clarkson University in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
Janet Parcell, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS
Wicks Hall 211E