Staying Active, Engaged, and Making Connections
We realize that one of the most challenging parts of being in quarantine or isolation is that you’re there alone and may be lonely. While we are not able to allow you to have visitors in-person at Q/I housing, we do want to let you know that we offer:
- Programs and Activities JUST for students in quarantine or isolation! We will contact you with information specifically about those events during your quarantine/isolation
- Many of our programs and events on campus are available to students online and remotely. Please check out RooLife for more information!
- You can also watch current and past streamed events online
Quarantine Buddy Program
- We offer a QUARANTINE BUDDY PROGRAM to give you a direct contact with a campus employee who is available to chat with you, to listen, and to provide resources beyond those that the COVID Support Team provides. Learn more about our Quarantine Buddy Program!
- We offer free, confidential, and online counseling services for students in quarantine/isolation. Please contact (315) 386-7314 for more information.
Staying Connected and Visitors
- Unfortunately, while you are in quarantine or isolation, you are not permitted to have visitors to the Q/I housing. This includes people visiting outside the windows of the residence hall, as this is strictly prohibited in order to keep everyone healthy and safe. We encourage you to connect with your friends via social media, email, text message, phone calls, and video chatting wherever possible. We understand that you need to maintain that personal connection, which is incredibly important, and thanks to technology there are many ways to do this safely!