Billing Instructions - Summer 2021
Session I & II, classes begin June 3: Bill due by 3:00 PM June 3
Session III, classes begin July 15: Bill due by 3:00 PM on July 15*
Your bill must be paid/covered in full by the due date or your courses will be dropped.
*Students registered for BOTH Summer Session I or II courses as well as Summer Session III courses will have a billing deadline of June 3 at 3:00 PM regardless of their Session III courses starting at a later date.
Part 1: Complete, Submit and Pay your bill:
You will be notified by an email sent to your Canton email when your bill is available for viewing.
- Go to the Billing menu in UCANWEB and select ‘Cashnet Billing Portal’ to view your bill.
- Select most current pdf bill in the ‘Your Semester Statements’ box
- Make sure the charges are for Summer 2021
- Review for accuracy
- Make payment by selecting the ‘Make a Payment” box and entering the “amount due” as noted on your most recent statement. (Payment Plans are NOT available for Summer Sessions)
- You may pay online, by phone, or send a check/money order in U.S. Funds payable to ‘SUNY Canton’.
- SPECIAL NOTE FOR JUMPSTART STUDENTS ONLY: Jumpstart program students are required to pay for health insurance. To remove this fee there is an option to 'Complete Online Health Insurance Waiver' which can be completed if you have coverage.
- Set up payment of any balance due by selecting “Make a Payment” in your CASHNet billing portal, calling the Stu-dent Service Center and paying with a debit or credit card or by mailing a check.
Part 2: Confirm your bill has been processed:
WATCH YOUR EMAIL!
We will notify you of issues that are delaying the processing of your bill. You will receive an email receipt once your bill has been processed. Your receipt is the confirmation that you are officially registered for the semester. Parking tags can be picked up at University Police the weekend before classes begin.
Required billing forms:
The 'Choose Bill Options & Confirm Enrollment’:
- Graduation: Indicate if you plan to graduate at the end of the summer.
- Parking Fee: Indicate if you plan to park on campus in the summer. If yes, you will be required to enter your license plate number and student status.
The ‘Authorize Use of Financial Aid’ form:
- Choose the appropriate options which allows federal aid topay for optional charges like parking, Roo Express charges and/or pay a previous balance. All students with federal financial aid, including loans, must complete this form.
The View Summer 2021 Bill form (with option to add Roo Express):
- View all of your charges for the semester and make sure your bill is covered in full and processed.
- A Roo Express account is a discretionary spending account to use at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. You can request an amount up to $1,000 per semester ($55 per credit hour). If you have a credit balance and adding Roo Express causes a balance due, you must pay that balance or we will lower the amount of the Roo Express. To adjust your Roo Express credit after your bill has been processed, send an email to email@example.com.
- PAPER CHECK: Make check payable to SUNY Canton. Be sure to include the student's Banner ID or Social Security Number on the check. Mail in to the One Hop Shop. Mail in to the Student Service Center. U.S. funds only.
- ONLINE: Pay by credit card or electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account through the CASHNet Billing Portal. Students can click through their UCanWeb, go to their billing menu and their CASHNet billing portal and click on “Make a Payment” and manually enter the amount they are paying.
- PHONE: Pay by credit or debit card by calling the One Hop Shop at (315) 386-7616 or toll-free at 1-800-388-7123.
- If you plan to live on campus, contact the Residence Life Office at (315) 386-7513 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Explanation of Charges
* * *All Prices Subject to Change Without Notice * * *
Tuition rates are based on residency status and current program of study. Tuition for part-time students is still subject to change at a later date.
|Associate degree & Certificate programs||$295 per credit hour||$295 per credit hour|
|Bachelor degree programs||$295 per credit hour||$708 per credit hour|
|Bachelor degree (all online)*||$295 per credit hour||$353 per credit hour|
|Non-degree students||$295 per credit hour||$295 per credit hour|
*Only certain majors are eligible for this tuition rate. Please email email@example.com to determine if you qualify for this price based on the major you are enrolled in.
The Parking Fee is mandatory for all students parking a vehicle on campus.
|Summer Parking Charge||$ 27.95|
The Comprehensive Fee is made up of the following charges:
|Name of Fee||Charge per Credit|
|1. College Fee||$1.70|
|2. Educational Technology Fee||$15.36|
|3. Transcript Fee||$5.00 **|
**Flat fee charged to all students.
- The College Fee is a mandatory fee imposed by the State University of New York.
- The Educational Technology Fee is used to support student access to computer networks, library information systems, multimedia classrooms, engineering, health and business technologies as well as future infrastructural modifications and other instructional technologies.
- The Transcript Fee is a mandatory fee which provides students with free official transcripts, upon written request, for life.
Financial Aid Deferments
Certified financial aid may appear on the bill to assist you in determining your balance due. Although the actual funds have not yet been received, SUNY Canton assumes you will follow the appropriate financial aid procedures to have this aid credited to your account. Failure to complete the financial aid process will result in the cancellation of the anticipated financial aid. If you have applied for financial aid that does not appear as a credit on your bill, contact the Student Service Center to check the status and/or inquire about a deferment prior to the bill due date.
Roo Express Account
This is a discretionary spending account which can be used at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. A maximum of $1,000 per semester can be set up. This account is accessed with the student ID card. You may also establish this discretionary spending account, separate from your financial aid package, online at www.GET.CBORD.com or by contacting the College Association at (315) 386-7624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Untimely payment of outstanding student account balances may result in a hold being placed on a student's account and the subsequent withholding of enrollment, grades, transcripts, diplomas and class selection. Students are encouraged to contact the Student Service Center to discuss any special circumstances surrounding an outstanding account. Balances remaining at the end of the semester are subject to referral to the New York State Attorney General or a collection agency.