Home > Financial Aid > Billing Instructions - Summer
Billing Instructions - Summer 2023
Session I & II, classes begin June 1: Bill due by 3:00 PM June 1
Session III, classes begin July 13: Bill due by 3:00 PM on July 13*
*Students registered for BOTH Summer Session I or II courses as well as Summer Session III courses will have a billing deadline of June 1 at 3:00 PM regardless of their Session III courses starting at a later date.
Listed below is the overall process to complete your billing requirements online. If you’re unfamiliar with this process or have questions, you will find the following information helpful when attempting to complete the required online forms, view your bill, and make sure it processed by the processing deadline.
Failure to have your bill processed by the billing due date may result in a $40 late fee and your course schedule being dropped.
You are not officially registered for a semester until your bill is processed
- Log in to your UCanWeb account.
- First time logging in? Follow the UCanWeb - First Time Login Instructions
- Go to the Student Menu
Part 1: Complete the Billing Survey
- At this point any required survey will pop up preventing you from going further into your UCanWeb until the survey is completed.
- For more information on the Billing Survey, see the “Required Billing Survey Information” section below.
Part 2: View/Pay Your Bill
TO VIEW YOUR BILL –
To access your Billing Statement, login to your UCanWeb
- Select the Student Menu ⤵
- Select the Billing Menu ⤵
- Select Transact Payments Portal ⤵
- Select View Statements ⤵
(this is located in the upper right-hand corner of the overview page OR at the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side)
- Select the most recent statement ⤵
(Statements are a screenshot of their creation date. Changes made after a statement is created will not reflect on that statement. They will reflect on the next statement created).
- Review statement for accuracy.
PAYMENT OPTIONS –
ONLINE: Pay by credit card or electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account online in Transact Payments Portal located within the UCanWeb.
PAPER CHECK: Make check payable to 'SUNY Canton'. Be sure to include the student's Banner ID on the check.
Check or Money Orders can be mailed to:
Attn: Student Service Center
34 Cornell Dr.
Canton, NY 13617
Part 3: Confirm Your Bill Has Been Processed
WATCH YOUR EMAIL!
You will receive an email receipt once your bill has been processed. Your receipt is the confirmation that you are officially registered for the semester.
If you have not received an email receipt your bill is NOT processed. Communication is sent to students via their SUNY Canton email and via text regarding issues that may be preventing their bill being processed. It is up to each student to reach out for assistance should they have questions or concerns on their billing prior to the billing deadline.
If you will not be returning to SUNY Canton, please notify the Registrar as soon as possible in writing by fax 315-379-3819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from your SUNY Canton email account. Please be sure to include your SUNY Canton ID number and the term you will not be attending.
*Submitting online materials without payment or payment arrangement does NOT guarantee you will retain your pre-scheduled courses or room assignment.
Required Billing Survey Information
Answer questions about your enrollment plan at SUNY Canton for the upcoming semester.
- Graduation: Indicate if you plan to graduate at the end of the semester.
Answer questions about non-mandatory charges.
- Parking Fee: Indicate if you plan to park on campus in the summer. If yes, you will be required to enter your license plate number and student status.
Answer questions about your Financial Aid authorizations.
- Choose the appropriate options which allows federal aid to pay for health insurance, parking and Roo Express charges and/or pay a prior balance.
- If you need to make changes to your Financial Aid authorizations at any time, fill out the following form and return it to the Financial Aid office. Financial Aid Authorization Form
Note: You can continue making changes on your survey until you choose to submit the form. Once submitted, any changes or additions can only be made via a request in writing to the Student Accounts (Billing) Office at email@example.com from your SUNY Canton email.
* If requesting Summer Financial Aid, be sure to read all eligibility requirements and submit all application materials timely. Summer assistance is not guaranteed.
Summer Roo Express Options
A Roo Express account is a discretionary spending account to use at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. You can request an amount up to $55 per credit hour for the Winterterm If your bill is able to be covered without requested Roo Express (i.e. Roo Express is causing a balance due), you must pay that balance. The Student Accounts Office has the ability to lower the amount of or cancel Roo Express to process a bill.
To request Roo Express credit for Summer Session, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your SUNY Canton email.
- If you plan to live on campus, contact the Residence Life Office at (315) 386-7513 or email@example.com for details.
Explanation of Charges
* * *All Prices Subject to Change Without Notice * * *
Tuition rates are based on residency status and current program of study. Tuition for part-time students is still subject to change at a later date.
|Associate degree & Certificate programs||$295 per credit hour||$295 per credit hour|
|Bachelor degree programs||$295 per credit hour||$708 per credit hour|
|Bachelor degree (all online)*||$295 per credit hour||$353 per credit hour|
|Non-degree students||$295 per credit hour||$295 per credit hour|
*Only certain majors are eligible for this tuition rate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if you qualify for this price based on the major you are enrolled in.
The Parking Fee is mandatory for all students parking a vehicle on campus.
|Summer Parking Charge||$ 27.95|
The Comprehensive Fee is made up of the following charges:
|Name of Fee||Charge per Credit|
|1. College Fee||$1.70|
|2. Educational Technology Fee||$15.36|
|3. Transcript Fee||$5.00 **|
**Flat fee charged to all students.
- The College Fee is a mandatory fee imposed by the State University of New York.
- The Educational Technology Fee is used to support student access to computer networks, library information systems, multimedia classrooms, engineering, health and business technologies as well as future infrastructural modifications and other instructional technologies.
- The Transcript Fee is a mandatory fee which provides students with free official transcripts, upon written request, for life.
Financial Aid Deferments
Certified financial aid may appear on the bill to assist you in determining your balance due. Although the actual funds have not yet been received, SUNY Canton assumes you will follow the appropriate financial aid procedures to have this aid credited to your account. Failure to complete the financial aid process will result in the cancellation of the anticipated financial aid. If you have applied for financial aid that does not appear as a credit on your bill, contact the Student Service Center to check the status and/or inquire about a deferment prior to the bill due date.
Untimely payment of outstanding student account balances may result in a hold being placed on a student's account and the subsequent withholding of enrollment, grades, transcripts, diplomas and class selection. Students are encouraged to contact the Student Service Center to discuss any special circumstances surrounding an outstanding account. Balances remaining at the end of the semester are subject to referral to the New York State Attorney General or a collection agency.